Thursday, August 25, 2011

Advertising

I really need to think about school and not the fact that that pervert is coming to see me. The fact that my roommate never showed up isn't going to help, either, because he'll was to stay here with me. Nothing like easy all-day access. Who can look forward to seeing their daughter when they have to also look forward to . . .

But like I said, I'm not going to think about that. What happens will happen, as it always did when I lived with him and Aunt Kitty, and that is that.

What I really need to think about is a major. Yes, I came to Texas to go to school without knowing what I would major in. Anything to get away. Anyway, I'm trying to think of something that could combine my love of poetry with the reality that being a poet will result in starvation and a life of under- or outright unappreciation. Maybe I could go into advertising and write jingles.

There once was a real thirsty bloke,
Thought Pepsi a real tasteless joke -
He liked to have fun,
Playing out in the sun
And found flavorful fun with a Coke.

Okay, that's more a limerick than a jingle, and it would probably only work in Australia, but you have to start somewhere, right? (And besides, they need advertising in Australia.)

I'll play around with the idea, see what happens. Maybe take an advertising class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, but only if you're sexy!