Thursday, August 11, 2011

In Dallas!

I can't believe I'm actually in Dallas. Well, Richardson, really. Thank God (if I believed in her) I'm out of Patchogue -- even if I will miss my Vicky, who I left with her father so I could come here to go to college. She has such pretty blue eyes and black hair. I'll miss those long curls! She looks just like me and her dad. She should be fine until I'm finished with college. Don't know what I'm going to major in yet, but whatever. I'll figure something out sooner or later.

UT-Dallas is a weird university. No real dorms, just these apartments that are sort of like dorms, but not really. I'm supposed to have a roommate, but she hasn't shown up yet. I'm way early. Hope she's cool. But the university has all these ugly buildings that all look the same. And it's hot! Dear God it's hot! And no end in sight of these hundreds. I don't know if I can stand it. I'm staying inside until it gets cool. Or at least tolerable. Looks a little overcast right now. Maybe it will rain. Surely that will cool things off a bit.

I haven't seen many boys around here. Too early, I guess. If the men are as hot as the temperatures around here, I can see myself doing a lot of sweating!

I think I'm going to the Starbucks. There's one close by here. What I really need to do is go grocery shopping. I think there's one near the Starbucks. I need to spend some time looking around this place instead of setting up blogs, I guess! I wonder if there are any nightclubs for people under 21 around here. I guess I'll have to do a little online browsing and see what I can find. With a city as big as Dallas, surely there's a great nightlife. I need to do some partying! No baby and no aunt and uncle keeping me at home, so why not?

In any case, I'm off to the Starbucks. I could use a caramel frappuccino. I have this cool Carole Maso novel I want to read. Well, I guess The Art Lover isn't really new, but it's new to me. The wind is picking up outside. I think I'll take my umbrella, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, but only if you're sexy!