Saturday, August 27, 2011

Uncle Richard in Town

So Uncle Richard arrived at the DFW airport yesterday with Vicky to avoid Hurricane Irene. I picked him up and took him to the hotel where he's staying. I told him he couldn't stay with me, because I lived in the dorms. Which is more or less true.

On the drive from the airport, Uncle Richard asked where the city was. I hadn't thought of that. Compared to New York, Dallas doesn't resemble a city until you get toward downtown. It's clearly urban, but Dallas does not have the density of New York.

I took Uncle Richard to the hotel and helped him get all his and Vicky's stuff into the room. Two double beds, one for Vicky -- though she's still pretty small, she should be okay sleeping by herself. Uncle Richard asked if I was going to spend the nights with them. Vicky is talking a bit now, so Uncle Richard had to be subtle.

"I'd really rather stay in my own bed," I said.

"You'll get to spend more time with Vicky if you spend the nights," Uncle Richard said. "We can all get breakfast in the morning."

"And what will I do once she's asleep?" I asked. "Or should I ask, what do you think you're going to do with me once she's asleep?"

"I came to get Vicky out of the way of danger."

"Then why not send Aunt Kitty? Or are you that much of a coward?" I asked.

I figured I could ask that of him. He's in no position to make me too mad. He just looked me up and down. I turned away in disgust.

"Look, you and I both know you're going to do what I want." He said this and glanced at Vicky. Really? At her age? I wouldn't doubt it.

"You promise to leave her alone?" I asked.

"You spend the nights here with me, and she's safe," he said.

I was thankful yet again that Aunt Kitty had put me on birth control after I had Vicky. All the boys I'd been with, I made use a condom. He refused. Thus, Vicky. Aunt Kitty, I assume, had no idea.

"I can't believe Aunt Kitty is up in New York, facing an oncoming hurricane, and this is all you can think about," I said.

"Kitty will be fine," he said. "It will probably be a tropical storm by the time it gets to her, anyway. Besides, I've been missing you. I didn't think I'd get to see you again so soon."

"Whatever," I said. I was just thankful that it was early afternoon, and it would be hours before Vicky went to sleep. Plenty of time to shut myself down, to feel as little as possible, the way I had been for the almost three years I lived with Uncle Richard and Aunt Kitty.

At least Uncle Richard had the decency to not talk about it again the rest of the afternoon and evening. We went out to eat. We found a pizza place, about which Uncle Richard complained constantly. I don't know what he was expecting in Dallas. It's not New York, after all. We then went to the mall in Plano, where we each got a cookie. I like the frosted chocolate chip cookies. Especially the double ones with the double chocolate chip cookies, when they have them. They had them. I was happy. Uncle Richard also bought me a bunch of clothes. I found a bunch of very expensive things I could not afford. Let him afford them. I also found a few cute things for Vicky. I couldn't get her everything I wanted, because they have to fly back with it all. We let Vicky play in the play area at the mall until closing, then we went back to the hotel.

When we got back to the hotel, Uncle Richard said he was going to go down to the lobby for something and that he'd be right back. I changed Vicky into her pajamas, then lay in the bed with her cuddled up next to me. I tried to hold back the tears as I felt her little head in the crook of my arm. I love all her little black hairs. I don't care who her father is, she's my jewel. She was asleep by the time Uncle Richard returned. He had a bottle of wine and two glasses.

"I thought we'd drink some wine. You're too young to drink at the bar, so I bought a bottle and brought it up."

Perfect! The more drunk I was, the less likely I would be fully conscious.

I stood and went to the rest room. When I returned, he was naked on the bed.

"Come, sit with me," he said.

"I'm not drunk yet," I said.

"Why is that necessary?"

Still, he handed me a glass full of wine. I downed it.

"It's good," I said, still standing. He filled the glass again.

"Come," he said. "Sit next to me."

I undressed and got in under the covers next to him, still holding my wine.

The next morning (you didn't think I'd go into all the disgusting details, did you?), I woke before either Uncle Richard or Vicky, and got in the shower. There isn't enough soap in a hotel to make one feel clean after a night like I had. My uncle came in and opened the shower curtain, obviously prepared to continue doing what he had done the night before. Fortunately, we heard Vicky getting up, so he just waited for me to finish showering, then took one himself. I dressed, then got Vicky dressed, and when Uncle Richard was ready, we all went down for breakfast.

I showed them around UTD, then we went to the Starbucks before we went to lunch. After lunch, I told them I had to get something done, and that I would come get them for dinner. Thus, I am here, writing this. Tonight I expect a repeat of last night. I am disgusted with myself, but what else am I supposed to do? I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, but only if you're sexy!